Our team knows firsthand what it’s like to move to a new country and start afresh — we’ve been there, too. That’s why we’re not just focused on the paperwork; we’re dedicated to helping you make Australia your home. We’ll handle your application with the same care and dedication we would for our own, making sure you have the best shot at a ‘yes’.
Australia encourages eligible residents to get citizenship - let's apply for your Australian citizenship now!
We let our clients do the talking...
Securing Australian citizenship is a significant legal milestone that affords you the complete spectrum of privileges and duties inherent to being a member of the Australian community. Our team of seasoned citizenship solicitors is at your disposal to navigate the complexities of the application process with precision and expert counsel.
To be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship, you must:
- Have lived lawfully in Australia for at least four years; and
- Have lived in Australia for at least 12 months of said 4-year period as a Permanent Resident.
Note that if you have spent more than 12 months in the last four years outside Australia or three months in the last 12 months outside Australia, you will no longer meet the residence requirements for Citizenship.
For example, if you have spent several years in Australia on a student or 457 visa, this can be counted towards the 4-year residence requirement. Note that you do not automatically qualify for Australian citizenship in this way. You must make an application for citizenship.
Our Legal Services Include:
- Assessing your eligibility based on residency and character criteria.
- Gathering and organizing all required documentation.
- Assisting with the completion and submission of the online citizenship application.
- Preparing you for the citizenship examination.
- Acting on your behalf throughout the evaluation process.
Upon successful approval, you will be endowed with all the rights of an Australian citizen.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the process take?
8-12 months on average from application to outcome.
How do periods of extended absence from Australia impact my eligibility for citizenship?
Some absences are acceptable if you can prove your permanent residence remains in Australia.
Do I need to renounce my existing citizenship?
Australia now allows dual citizenship. That means that an Australian citizen can take up citizenship of another country without losing their Australian citizenship. If, on the other hand, you become an Australian citizen, it is up to the law of your country of citizenship whether you can keep your existing citizenship.
Can my family also apply?
Eligible family members can generally apply together or join once the principal applicant is approved.
If any of these apply to you:
- You want to resolve any uncertainties about your application and achieve peace of mind.
- You want to clear all hidden costly errors and rest assured that requirements are correctly met.
- You want to complete your registration easily, quickly, and stress-free.
- You want to get expert guidance through the entire process, including private access to a network of complementary experts.
Request Your Initial Consultation Here
Our first obligation-free consultation is priced at AUD 330 (approximately USD 210 and EUR 200), inclusive of tax. This fee ensures a comprehensive service, whether we meet in person or through Zoom, and includes any follow-up written advice you require at no extra cost.